A. 17 August 2021
B. 15 August 2021
C. 14 August 2021
D. 15 July 2021
President Ashraf Ghani fled abroad on 15 August 2021 as the Taliban takes on Kabul. Taliban takes on Kabul on 15 August 2021 after a long 20 years of War in Afghanistan. After that United States began to airlift its own and western diplomats, Afghan civilians, who fear that the Taliban will target them after their victory.
During the Siege of Kabul, the Afghan Security Forces did not offer any resistance against the Taliban. Taliban almost took the control of the complete country for a very rapid period of time. It is about one week the Taliban started taking control of all the important provincial capitals. While the Taliban initially said they wouldn’t enter the capital while a transitional government is being formed, they reversed their stance by nightfall, saying that someone needed to maintain public order after Afghan police deserted their posts.
After coming into power the Taliban spokesperson did a very important press conference and declare five key points which are given below:
- We will seek no revenge and everyone is forgiven.
- We will honor women’s rights but within the norms of Islamic law
- Taliban want private media to remain independent but the media should not world against national interests.
- Afghanistan will not allow itself to harbor anyone targeting other nations.
- Afghanistan will be a narcotics-free country.
These are the five key points that are most important about the Taliban’s way of governing Afghanistan.
You may also like these: